Monday, October 17, 2016

Sunday Morning In the Mountains

We have yet another beautiful Sunday morning here on our mountain.  Sunny, cool breeze blowing, birds singing back and forth with one another, the mountainside is a little more kissed with the colors of autumn. Even though we are in a drought and desperately need rain, I still appreciate these beautiful mornings. This is my religion. This is my peace. 

The eldest of our three mountain chillin' and her hubs came and stayed with us for a few days.  We not only celebrated her birthday with a beautiful trail ride through the mountains, we put them to work.  Mountain Man and I are blessed to have a wonderful family that is always willing to help each other with whatever needs to be done.  Whether it is as simple as raking leaves to as complex as remodeling a house.  It is awesome because there is no one keeping track of who helps the most or the least, it's just let's do this and get it done! This weekend, it was a major kitchen organization and painting a cathedral ceilinged living room.  Thank goodness for tall kids and hubs!  We were able to get a great deal done in a short amount of time which still left enough time for play. They also brought our grand puppy with them.  It was so nice to have a dog's energy in our house again.  This is something that I've missed since our Bailey found her time had come to go and live in another dimension. Her spirit is always with us, but it is also nice to be able to physically snuggle with a puppy.

Today we will slow our pace back down to mountain time.  It's funny how quickly you acclimate to the slower pace of life here.  It now feels more natural to me to take my time and relax as I do things instead of rushing.  I feel that my body and mind are more in sync with my creator and the earth this way.  I may not get as much done as quickly, but I feel that I do it better and more thoughtfully.

The only thing that is a must on our to do list today is to repair the sliding screen door that goes out onto the deck yet again.  You see, it is a bad habit that Mountain Man and our oldest chile have acquired.  They either ignore or forget about the doors.  The oldest chile has actually given herself a pretty severe case of whiplash by walking into a patio door.  More than once!  Mountain man has also perfected this bad habit.  Once while in Florida, I witnessed him walking into a glass patio door with such speed that I could actually see the glass bow.  All I can say is thank goodness for hurricane and Mountain Man proof glass.  Today's event was much more minor.  After going inside from the deck, he closed the screen door behind him.  A few minutes later, as I was sitting on the swing, I heard a crash and looked over in time to see the screen door come flying off the frame and into the deck rail and Mountain Man hot on its tail with a look of great shock on his face.  I am grateful that the deck rail is a strong one, or he would have been testing his flying skills.  There were no injuries incurred in this latest event, so feel free to laugh now!  I have decided that I will not only buy an extra repair kit for the screen door, but I will be buying a few screen hangers to put on the screen in hopes of catching people's attention and warning them that the door is indeed closed!

This week, we will be working on the guest bedroom and bath.  Check back next week to see what fun that brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment